Prawn Summer Rolls auf Deutsch
Each roll has: 74kcal, Zero Fat, 12g carbs, 3g Sugar, 5g Protein, 1g Salt
For the dip:
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 small red chilli, chopped finely
1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon brown sugar
lime juice pressed from 1 lime
vietnamese fish sauce , 1 tablespoon
or some drips of soy sauce and prawn paste
For the rolls:
100g cooked rice noodles
12x 20cm round rice paper wrappers
one handful each mint leaves, fresh coriander, thai basil, long chives, bean sprouts.
18 cooked prawns, cut in half lengthways
3 large iceberg lettuce leaves, torn into four peaces each
1 carrot, cut with the spiral maker or cut into batons,
50g bean sprouts
This is how it’s done
- Pound the ingredients for the dip: Garlic, chilli, sugar and ginger using a prestle and mortar. Stir in the fish sauce and the lime juice. Or mix it in a smoothie blender.
- First soak the rice noodles in a bowl of hot water for 15 minutes, then drain them well.
- Boil the rice noodles and drain them as well.
- Prepare all the other ingredients, cut everything and put it aside – once you start you need everything at hand.
- Boil some water in a pot. Dip one of the rice papers in the pot and move it around gently for about 10-15 seconds. Then take it out and drain it on a tea towel.
- Place the rice paper wrapper on a board and fill it for one third with three prawn halves.
- Lift the end of the rice paper in and over the filling, and hold it with your fingers in place while you roll. Keep on rolling tightly about halfway. Now fold in the ends of the rice paper so that the filling is completely enclosed. Keep on rolling tightly until the whole rice paper is rolled up. For serving just cut the roll in half on the diagonal. Voilá. Dip and enjoy a fresh and very healthy bite…
Rice vinegar dip:
juice of half a lime
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of agave sirup
3 tablespoons of fish sauce
optional 1 small red chili, finely chopped
For the filling:
Just take what you enjoy. Cucumber, carrot, lettuce, endive, red and yellow pepper… Also pointed or red abbake work wonderfully it sliced thinly. If you like to take different herbs, these work: Peppered, parsley, coriander, mint leaves. Roasted sesame seeds, peanuts or cashew nuts will complete the vegetables perfectly.
250 g chicken breast und 60 g raw prawns without skin- all finely chopped, 1 garlic pressed, 1 tablespoon each of fish sauce and soy sauce. Mix all and fry in sesame oil. Add a bit of sugar and pepper and blend to a finish and create a sound taste. Voila.