Invited for a party, supposed to bring something? Friends coming over and there is just pasta and bread in the house? Here is the all-rounder salsa for every occasion. Very rich in taste, but lots of healthy ingrediences and easy to make. Try and you might seeing yourself doing the pesto over and over again.
Quick and effortless. 5 min. mixing. Thats all.
- 1 cup of good cold pressed olive oil – the better the quality the better the taste
- One big bunch of parsley, I prefer the italian, but french will also work
- One big bunch of fresh basil leaves (both available in well sorted market stands or supermarkets)
- 1 whole piece of parmesan cheese or pecorino (non grated it may not be so fine),approx. the size of a cup
- 1 bag of chopped almonds / in weight: 1/2 pound
optional depending on the aroma of your cheese and your oil quality
- a pinch of fleur de sel or sea salt freshly milled
makes 2 -3 cups and won’t last long…
Add all the ingrediences into your mixer and chop it with several impulses. Do not let it run for more than 1 minute continuously. Blend it until the pesto is smooth and has creamy texture, yet substance with tiny pieces of cheese and almonds.
Get the pesto out of the mixer. It’s ready for serving.
Self made ciabatta, any kind of pasta as well as vegetable pasta / vegetable spiral noodles, taco chips or vegetable sticks (carrots, cucumber, pepper) go well with it.